intY has a telephone system that is capable of recording conversations. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000;
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000;
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999;
- The General Data Protection Regulation 2018;
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
1. Purposes for which we process Personal Data and the legal bases on which we rely
Calls received and made by intY Ltd may be recorded by the company. These recordings will only be used for the following purposes: –
- Complaint investigation: intY may review phone calls in order to deal with complaints raised by its customers. intY does this to meet its contractual obligations with its customers and where it is in intY’s legitimate interests to do so;
- Health and safety and the prevention of crime: intY may need to review calls in order to comply with its legal obligations where there may be a danger to Health and Safety or for the prevention or detection of crime;
- Compliance with regulatory procedures: intY will review calls where it is necessary to comply with its legal obligations in relation to any relevant regulatory procedures;
- Quality assurance: intY has a legitimate interest to ensure customer service standards are being met and therefore intY’s Management team may review some phone calls;
- Training and coaching of employees: intY may review calls as part of its regular training and coaching of customer service teams.
2. Who do we share call information with?
Phone calls will be stored in our phone systems securely and only Customer Service Managers and Security employees will be able to access the calls. Where used for training and coaching purposes other employees may listen to the calls.
We may also share call information externally with: –
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, auditors and insurers;
- Third Party customer service consultants;
- Any organisation to which we have a legal obligation to disclose the details of the call;
In all such cases, calls will only be used in relation to the purposes contained within this policy.
3. How long will we store call recordings?
intY will usually retain call recordings for three months however may retain calls for longer if required for the purposes detailed in this policy.
After this period details of calls may be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of the data.
4. International transfer of information collected
Calls may be collected, transferred to and stored by intY in the United Kingdom, Europe, the United States and other countries.
Therefore, your Personal Data may be processed outside the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that such recipient offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
We take precautions including organisational, technical and physical measures, to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Data we process or use. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your data, please contact us via the “Contacting Us” section below.
6. Your rights
Where phone calls are being recorded intY employees will inform you of such recording. You may at any time request this recording to be stopped.
With regards to specific rights you have in relation to personal data please refer to the intY Privacy Statement which can be found on our website.
7. Changes to this call recording statement
We will update this Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices, technology, legal requirements and other factors by updating this statement on our websites. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement.
8. Contacting us
If you require any further information, then please contact intY using the details below:
intY Privacy Team
170 Aztec West
Bristol, BS32 4TN
Email: [email protected]