Barracuda is the global leader in security, application and data protection solutions. Formed in 2003 as an antispam service provider, the company has grown to over 2,000 employees and was valued at $1.6billion in 2017.
Barracuda RMM is an industry-leading RMM, security and support product used by thousands of businesses all over the world.
Setup and installation
Provisioning Barracuda RMM could not be simpler. You purchase a subscription package, specify administrative access, and tell the software what assets you’d like to monitor. The agents embed themselves on your network, sync back to the Barracuda server and start to monitor your infrastructure.
Barracuda have recently introduced a bespoke setup service where a dedicated team of RMM professionals will manage the provisioning process on your behalf, to a set of customised parameters specified at point of purchase.
Barracuda RMM contains a comprehensive package of software features that allow you to deliver industry-leading support to your customer base:
- Security assessments – Generate immediate reports on the security status of your network. Use data to take remedial action on potential security vulnerabilities including out of date software and inadequate login controls. Produce a detailed breakdown of your compliance status to align with regulatory standards and practices.
- Detailed reporting – Make us of 150+ bespoke reports, branded to your organisation, that showcase your organisation’s ability to maintain your customer’s network. Use data driven analysis in project and sales meetings to demonstrate how efficient your support operation is.
- Proactive monitoring – Get notifications on potential network issues before they arise, applicable to a wide variety of IT assets and devices. Use a bank of pre-packaged monitoring parameters or build your own monitoring rules based on the individual needs of each customer. Maintain a 24/7/365 monitoring operation that provides security and maintenance around the clock.
- Intuitive dashboards – Clear, concise, modular dashboard functionality that tells your staff everything they need to know about the status of every asset on the network. Simplistic, colour coded data displays remove the need for granular analysis and provide ‘at a glance’ maintenance functionality.
- Secure remote connections – Connect to client devices from anywhere in the world. Take control of IT assets to minimise support hours, removing the need for onsite attendance and providing a first-class customer experience.
- Automation – Utilise over 200 pre-packaged scripts that automate the job of network maintenance and remove the possibility of human error whilst undertaking important patching and upgrade duties. Code your own scripted tasks to tailor support on a per-asset, per-user basis across a broad range of network topologies.
- Standardised service plans – Customised service plans that are specific to your customer base. Use pre-configured service templates or build your own plans to meet your clients’ unique needs.
- Built-in PSA ticketing – Professional Service Automation (PSA) tools provide an end-to-end support experience for your customer base that includes ticketing and problem resolution.
- Patch management – Automatically or manually apply Microsoft patching on a per-workstation, per-server basis. Produce patching reports to your customer base that illustrate what machines have received an update and demonstrate your ability to minimise security vulnerabilities across the estate.
RMM software acts as a bridge between your organisation and the range of software packages that allow you to deliver support and maintenance services to your clients.
Barracuda RMM is at its best when used alongside integrated solutions that make it easier to maintain networks, secure your clients data and fix problems before they arise.
The software is pre-configured to co-exist with a wide variety of complementary solutions:
- Network Operations Centre (NOC) and Helpdesk
Seamlessly integrate your RMM software with Barracuda’s NOC and Helpdesk service. Barracuda’s network experts will take calls on behalf of your team, if required, acting as backup resources when staffing levels are tight.
- Advanced Software Management (ASM)
ASM has bespoke access to thousands of different software packages from over 100 SaaS/bespoke providers. Connect your RMM solution to Barracuda’s Advanced Software Management service that administers patching and performs software updates across the entire estate.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
Barracuda RMM is fully compatible with all of Barracuda’s data protection and recovery solutions, including cloud-to-cloud backup, Microsoft 365/Azure backup and Intronis – a fully re-brandable white label solution for MSPs looking to deliver their own set of backup services locally and in the cloud.
Use Barracuda RMM to remotely deploy and manage your customer’s antivirus solution, including endpoint protection, virus definition updates, reporting and exclusions.